Introduction to our DPS
SWPAs OJEU compliant Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) is an open market solution designed to provide buyers with access to a pool of pre-qualified suppliers in respect of building works, goods and services for use in public sector refurbishment and maintenance.
The duration of the DPS is for four years with the option to extend for an additional four years, up to a maximum eight years.
Five categories of works
- Kitchens, bathrooms and associated works
- Electrical works
- Painting and decoration
- Multi-disciplinary (Installation of whole house internal and external works as defined in, but not limited to, the above categories of works)
Project value bands
The DPS will generally apply to minor building works projects valued up to £500k per project. For projects valued above this threshold, SWPA clients can use the WH2 framework.
Benefits of using our DPS
Quick and easy access to approved suppliers
Confidence that you have access to pre-qualified trades with the right qualifications, experience and financial standing to deliver your project
Quality & Value
Only suppliers who offer quality and value are pre-qualified
Access to a wide number of pre-qualified suppliers
Offers the opportunity to engage with local suppliers supporting the wider Government aim of working with local businesses for economic growth
Select 20 Consultation
Our DPS makes it easier for clients to comply with leaseholder consultations
How does a DPS differ from a framework?
- No maximum time limit
- No direct award (further competition only)
- Flexible – suppliers can join during the lifetime of DPS
- Allows clients to use their own T&Cs, pricing & specification
- Increased accessibility for small medium enterprises
- Maximum duration of 4 years
- Direct award permissible
- Fixed list of suppliers
- Call-off documents have to be in line with what was structured when establishing the framework
- Typically harder to SMEs to access
Clients and suppliers
The process of using our DPS. A step-by-step flowchart illustrates how the process works when using our DPS.
The process of bidding for work from SWPA clients.
Get in contact with us
Find out more information about SWPA and our frameworks